Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Little veggie-saurus

After my somewhat panicked cry for help, my friend Caryn talked me off a babyfood-ledge, and gave me some perspective and a shopping list. Armed with these lifesavers, it has taken less than two weeks for mealtime zen to return to our home. Mostly.

In addition to Cheerios, puffs and shredded cheese, the Bug loves vegetables. She's eating peas, carrots, corn, green beans, potatoes... Last night, her dinner was entirely comprised of "real" food! The odd thing, though, is that she won't eat fruit. She'll eat a mashed up banana when it's fed to her on a spoon, but she soundly rejects any fruit-based finger foods. Watermelon, blueberries, grapes, banana pieces and strawberries have all been spit out or thrown on the floor.

Lucky for me, my shopping list is long, my perspective is balanced, and I am sure that the Bug will eventually eat fruit.

No comments: