Sounds delicious, right?!
After spending a little time in Rome, Mima and Boppie made their way to their primary Italian destination: a week in Tuscany. I've seen the photos - it was beautiful, the wine was delicious and the food was decadent. What a fabulous trip - I can't believe I've not yet been to Italy myself... this certainly provided some motivation!
In other news, I baked 8 dozen mini cupcakes for the Bug's preschool Halloween party tomorrow. My thoughts:
- Do you think this is enough to get me on the teacher's good side?
- Is it odd that I still feel a need to get on a teacher's good side, particularly when I'm not even the one in class?
- How'd I get on her bad side, anyway?
- Thank heavens said teacher considers icing and sprinkles to be an appropriate and fun in-class activity so I didn't have to frost 8 dozen freaking cupcakes myself. No good side in the world is worth that kind of hassle!
- 4-year-olds love to help. For about 10 minutes. Then you're on your own with the pressure to make ninety-fucking-six adequately delicious, nutritious and fun-to-decorate tiny cupcakes.
- What the hell am I supposed to carry them to school in, anyway? Please tell me that several layers deep in a giant tupperware is acceptable with these things.