Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chianti and cupcakes

Sounds delicious, right?!

After spending a little time in Rome, Mima and Boppie made their way to their primary Italian destination: a week in Tuscany.  I've seen the photos - it was beautiful, the wine was delicious and the food was decadent.  What a fabulous trip - I can't believe I've not yet been to Italy myself... this certainly provided some motivation!

***

In other news, I baked 8 dozen mini cupcakes for the Bug's preschool Halloween party tomorrow.  My thoughts:
  • Do you think this is enough to get me on the teacher's good side?
  • Is it odd that I still feel a need to get on a teacher's good side, particularly when I'm not even the one in class? 
  • How'd I get on her bad side, anyway?
  • Thank heavens said teacher considers icing and sprinkles to be an appropriate and fun in-class activity so I didn't have to frost 8 dozen freaking cupcakes myself. No good side in the world is worth that kind of hassle!
  • 4-year-olds love to help.  For about 10 minutes.  Then you're on your own with the pressure to make ninety-fucking-six adequately delicious, nutritious and fun-to-decorate tiny cupcakes.
  • What the hell am I supposed to carry them to school in, anyway?  Please tell me that several layers deep in a giant tupperware is acceptable with these things.
I guess that's it.  Don't get me started on the glue gun I wielded with authority in the creation of her masterpiece wings.

No comments: