Wednesday, January 16, 2008

News in Jobland

First, let me share my sister's very exciting news... She'll be moving to Minneapolis in a couple of weeks to begin her new job as Minnesota's State Director for America Votes! Yes, you heard that right, less than two months past her 30th birthday, and Jessie's going to be managing the progressive coalition in one of this election's swing states! Huge kudos to her, both for nabbing a fabulous gig and for having the nerve to move to set off on her own to forge her way in a new (notoriously cold!) state!! She'll be sending postcards from Lake Wobegon to everyone who wishes her well in the comments below.

The second thing I have to share is my own job news. I currently do not have one. On Friday morning, I was told that "it's not working out" and was asked to leave. I don't want to get into any further details on my blog, but feel free to drop me a note and I'll fill you in. Suffice it to say, I no longer feel any hesitation about pursuing things with the EEOC. The good news is that I now actually have the time to look for a new job. The worst thing about it is that I wanted everything to be on my own terms.

I've already had a few meetings and a couple of job leads (from my former clients, no less, which sure helps the bruised ego), and have a bunch more on the calendar. I'm not too worried about this shit-bag of lemons turning into lemonade, perhaps even spiked with a big ole shot of gin.

No comments: