Monday, January 7, 2008

Out of time

In what seems to be a major life trend for the past few months, after another weekend of going non-stop all day both days, my list of things that I just am not getting done has only grown.

This weekend I took down Christmas, went grocery shopping, ran a couple of errands, fed/dressed/bathed/played with the Bug, did some online shopping for things she desperately needs, visited with a couple of friends, and had a family holiday gathering. I'm not at all sure where the time went! I was up before 7am each day, and didn't go to bed until around midnight, so how did I not get more things accomplished? I have not put pictures of the Bug online in months, I haven't finished my resume and certainly haven't gotten a job search rolling, I didn't read any news (or read a book or watch TV) either Saturday or Sunday, I haven't written a single thank-you note for Christmas, I haven't run or done yoga in going on three months, I rarely catch up with even my closest friends, and don't get me started on the state of my hair or nails.

I feel like the things I am doing - work, raising the Bug - I am doing quite well. But there are just so many things I simply don't have the time to do! How in the world do people manage?

No comments: