Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Times New Roman ain't that cool

A couple of months ago, I read on CNN.com something to the effect that when a person has reached a certain point in her career, she really should have someone professional design her resume. About that same week, my husband suggested that I have a good friend of ours - and a professional graphic designer - revamp my resume. Apparently my 15-year-old formatting in Times New Roman was not what you'd call fresh-looking. I took this advice, not reluctantly but not wildly optimistic either. I mean, how much difference can a new font make?

The answer to that question is, "all the difference." Stacey just sent me the final version of my resume, and it is an unbelievable improvement!! The difference is immeasurable. It doesn't even look like the same document! It is now something I can be very proud to send out, and something that is much more pleasing to read. All I'd told her was that I wanted a new font and wanted the layout to be "more modern." How this lame directive could possibly be translated into the work she did is for more creative minds than mine to contemplate. But trust me - it's beyond worth it!

Now for the plug: If you're on the job market - or even if you're just thinking about updating your resume to have on file - I cannot recommend Rasa Design highly enough. Thanks, Stace!

No comments: