Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Let's try this one again

Perhaps you recall when I boldly stated my intention to get back into running last October. While that did get me through to bikini time, my motivation faded into a hazy memory upon our return from Mexico. This time, I have a longer-range goal, giving the good habits a bit more time to take.

Memorial Day, the Bolder-Boulder, a 10K road race through one of the prettiest towns in the country. Incidentally, this also commits us to celebrating the Bug's second birthday in Colorado with her Mima and Boppie. I'm pretty sure they'll be happy about that, too.

Joker and the Bug will have to watch from the sidelines - no strollers allowed - but anyone want to join me? Carly? Jessie? I think my folks are already on board. I don't anticipate setting any land speed records, but hey - you never know!

2 comments:

Carly Brantz said...

Yes! Count me in. I loathe running but it will be good motivation for me as well. Especially because we have a trip to Hawaii the week after.

Unknown said...

you can do it ange! you're a runner at heart-it'll all come back and you'll do great. could it be the 16 degree weather, or waking up in the dark that just doesn't get you motivated? hmm..i'm sure you're not alone :)