Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Joining the NARAL Board

I just got word that I'm approved as a new board member for NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut. I have been looking forward to joining the board for a couple of reasons. My primary reason is that I have been committed to the pro-choice movement for a long time, but haven't done much more than send money. While that is admittedly important, I believe that committing time is more difficult than committing money, and I truly hope that my time will prove to be the more valuable to NARAL. An ancillary reason I'm looking forward to it is that I have not yet sat on the board of a non-profit, and I think that the experience will be quite beneficial to me. I look forward to learning how these boards work, and to understanding how my skills and experiences can be brought to bear. I hope that in time I can become more involved on this board, and that I will ultimately be in a position to join other boards that are interesting and worthwhile. My first meeting is in July; I am sure there will be more to report soon!

No comments: