Friday, June 13, 2008

Classic lit, one snippet at a time

I'm trying out a service called DailyLit, which has been around for about a year. They send a short, easily consumable segment of a book to your email each day, so that you can read it on your computer or PDA. I'm one of those people who still buys CDs because I like the cover art and having a physical CD, so I'm not sure how I'll feel about this. I like the feel of a book in my hands, and I like being able to flip back and find passages that I particularly enjoyed. On the other hand, there are discussion forums for you to chat online with other readers, which could be fun. Plus, even though I read more than the average person, it's no where near as much as I'd like. So until I finish my 51 installments of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, the jury is still out. I'll let you know what I think.

No comments: