Friday, June 6, 2008

Finally, a candidate

As everyone knows by now, Hillary Clinton's 2008 bid for the Presidency is over. I am disappointed, but as I stated before, I will energetically throw my support behind Obama. I actually find it a bit puzzling that McCain is even suggesting that Clinton's supporters should come to his side. While he is called a "maverick", all of his positions are either far right or moving in that direction. By contrast, Obama's positions are virtually identical to Clinton's. I am looking forward to the Democratic party uniting behind Obama, and allowing the debate to become one of substance rather than style. Reading the news today only reinforced the profound need we have for change. The Bush administration deliberately misled the public about the situation leading up to our invasion of Iraq; the unemployment rate had its largest spike in over 20 years last month... Can November come soon enough?

No comments: