Sunday, November 11, 2007

My juicy gossip

A little more than a year ago, I ended up in possession of one of my friends' spiral notebooks. I'd intended to return it - there were some lists of on the first couple of pages but the rest was blank - but somehow I never did. I basically coopted the notebook, throwing away the used pages.

So imagine my surprise when I found a love letter in the middle of the notebook! It wasn't written by my friend, although I am pretty sure I know who the auther is. I'm not sure if it was a draft that was copied onto nice stationery (which was one of my tactics in high school), or if it was just never mailed. Either way, I'm definitely going to hell for reading this true confession of unrequited love.

Moral of the story: don't leave drafts of crazy love letters in anyone else's notebooks. And if you do, make damn sure you get that notebook back.

1 comment:

lynne lac said...

Wow, that /is/ some juicy gossip. I just love mysterious things like that. As I am the queen of discretion, I know it can't be me who wrote it, and I half want to ask who did, but I also kind of like not knowing. Well, we'll see what we talk about at the Game on Saturday, eh?