Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Babies don't fall back

The end of daylight savings time has kicked my butt this year. Apparently, the concept of an extra hour of sleep means nothing to the Bug. So Sunday morning, she was up at 5:30am. Normally, that's a little early for me, but I'd been up late drinking with some friends until 1 or 2am. So 5:30 was terrible. The Bug's finally coming around, and today she actually slept until her normal wakeup time of 7:00am, but I have yet to make up that extra sleep.

I suppose the moral of the story is actually twofold. The first, babies just don't "fall back". The second, revealed upon slightly deeper inspection, may perhaps be that I shouldn't stay up drinking until the wee hours when I have baby duty in the morning.

2 comments:

A.V. Kennedy said...

Daylight Savings Sucks. Jonah woke up at 5 am, and stayed up, and refused to nap until late into the afternoon. And he was delightfully cranky. If this keeps up, I'm moving to that one county in Indiana or deep into India where they don't have DST.

Rosie R said...

oh the goose has not adjusted well either. She has not slept past the "new" 6am yet.

Rosie