Friday, October 19, 2007

A nice person

I was just reading this post about something a very nice person at Zappos did, when my office phone rang. It was a guy who knew me by name, but didn't know me personally. He was calling the last person that a friend of mine - who left her cell phone in his store - had called. When I told him it was my work phone, so I couldn't see the phone number, he asked if he could dial my cell phone so that I could let my friend know that he had her phone. He had no idea how much an act of kindness brightened up my day! So, if you're in need of a very nice guy to repair your shoes, you should totally patronize David Shoe Repair at 460 Hudson.

2 comments:

Pazzy said...

I actually do need a shoe repair guy...and while out of my way, having recently had my phone stolen by someone not so nice perhaps i will make the effort to swing by his store!!

lynne lac said...

Told David about you posting about him on your blog and he was really touched. He said, "Maybe I get some new customers, eh?" in that New York Russian accent of his. Don't worry about him, though. I keep him pretty busy. I need to bring him a pair of boots right now...