Monday, October 8, 2007

EEOC

I'm currently struggling with whether I should pursue any recourse for what I believe was lousy maternity leave treatment. I still feel like I was screwed. I'm in sales, and I returned to no live accounts. Particularly given our long sales cycle, that very materially affects my ability to close deals, and therefore to make money. But I am not sure if I want to go down that path - of being the trouble-maker and ruffling feathers. That said, "well behaved women seldom make history." I'm trying to determine if the EEOC would agree that I was discriminated against; what do you think?

1 comment:

lynne lac said...

Does this mean they haven't given you back the accounts that you put on your request list?

I say call their toll-free number and see what they say. Even if nothing good comes of it, I think it will be worth it just to inform yourself, not to mention the peace of mind you'll get from taking action on something that has so far been out of your control.

What do you say, Mrs. D.?
I like the quote about the well-behaved women; I'd never heard it before. That exonerates pretty much all of us, doesn't it? :)