Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My cool Facebook story

So at 5:00 yesterday afternoon I got an extra ticket to see Maroon 5 at the Beacon.  To my knowledge I didn't know any true fans.  But I remembered that a college (and Facebook) friend who I haven't seen since graduation posted concert-related stuff on Facebook from time to time.  I wrote a message on her wall asking if she'd like to join me for the show, and within about 10 seconds she replied "YES!!!"... Turns out she's a huge fan of the band.  We made a plan to meet for a drink before the show, and literally picked up where we left off 14 years ago... she hasn't aged a day and it was totally awesome to see each other.  I'm so happy to finally have a true "Facebook helped me to reconnect" story!

Plus, for what it's worth, Maroon 5 put on a great show. 

2 comments:

Da Matic said...

ahhhh, Facebook, reconnecting friends one post at a time :-)

great friend + great show = awesome night!

Angie said...

It really was a blast - so glad we made it happen! BTW, I went to the taping of a Maroon 5 interview... I'll let you know when it airs because it was hilarious! Adam Levine is actually quite charming. Plus, he uses words like "hump" and "hand job", which are always funny.