Friday, January 9, 2009

A request for your support

My sister is an old pro in the world of political and non-profit fund-raising. I am not, but am diving in head first, and this is my first shameless plea for help. Joker and I give to a number of non-profits that are meaningful to us. We also donate to friends' organizations whenever we are asked. If someone cares enough about something to work for it, then we are happy to be supportive of that effort. We even donated to one friend who, in a quest to get into a particular marathon, threw his efforts behind a non-profit he knew and cared next to nothing about.

NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut is in the midst of a fundraising drive, and this time I am asking you to consider supporting me, in an organization I am working hard for and am passionate about. NPCC is reviving a strong pro-choice climate in Connecticut, broadening our conversations with the state legislature to include prevention, access to reproductive health services, and ethnic and racial inequities in care. We were instrumental in securing pro-choice election victories in critical districts in the state, and we are key partners in a coalition to support Healthy Teens education in the state legislature, something I was surprised to learn would not be a slam-dunk.

Having a pro-choice President in office is not an excuse for complacency. I know that the economy stinks, and I know that it may not be in the cards right now, but please give it your consideration. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, either here on the blog or by emailing me directly.

You can donate online by clicking on this link. All donations made to NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut, Inc are not tax deductible and support our political work. All donations made to the NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut Foundation
are tax deductible and support our education, research, and outreach work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Do I know this person?

"We even donated to one friend who, in a quest to get into a particular marathon, threw his efforts behind a non-profit he knew and cared next to nothing about. "