Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday travel plans

Two things of note for our holiday travel this year, during which we'll spend two days snowboarding in Breckenridge with my sister, brother, and brother's girlfriend. First, we didn't get to spend one single day on any mountain at all last winter because I was pregnant. Needless to say, both my husband and I cannot wait to give it a go!! Second, my parents will be keeping the Bug for two nights. They're thrilled, and my initial nervousness has given way to really looking forward to a couple of nights off. Ironically, though, we won't be catching up on sleep... we'll have to let my parents continue with breakfast feedings for a couple of days after we get to their house... I haven't slept past 7am in months!

Finally, we have done an annual trip with my sister, spending a few days up in Keystone and hitting the various mountains up there. It's always a blast - we have a great time on the mountain, and a potentially even better time cooking dinner, soaking in the hot tub, and drinking bourbon, wine and beer. This will be the first time doing the trip with my brother, which is awesome! Plus, the only time I have spent with his girlfriend was the weekend that the Bug was born. I must say, she was a trooper to bail on her Memorial Day weekend plans with my brother and spend it instead with family that was focused not one bit on her - I don't think I had a single conversation with her amid all the insanity. So it'll be great to get to know her a little!

After the little snowboarding mini-vacation, we head to the farm for four days of very intense family time. My husband anticipates starting drinking just a little earlier each day. I just hope that Santa can find us there.

Happy Holidays to you all!

No comments: