Sunday, September 12, 2010

My New York City

Like just about every other New Yorker I know, I still have visceral feelings about September 11.  I remember every excruciating detail about that day and those that followed.  I still feel angry that people would damage the fabric of this city so deeply, but every anniversary of that tragedy reminds me of how much I love New York. 

I brought my camera into work on Friday morning.  I'd hoped to go to the top of the Empire State Building as a way to thumb my nose at people who want to drive airplanes into skyscrapers, but the cloudy skies would have virtually eliminated the view.  Instead, I took some photos of the surrounding area - things that I see almost every day.  Here's a little glimpse into my daily New York.

Chrysler Tower over the South Facade of Grand Central Terminal
Patience (or maybe Fortitude) guarding the New York Public Library
Top of the Empire State Building reflected in a building on W. 37th Street
Tribute to industry, Herald Square
Empire State Building
Greeley Square

No comments: