Monday, May 12, 2008

It's all happening at the zoo

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day, and I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do than to take the Bug to the zoo. I just love zoos.

So after Joker made me a delicious breakfast, we all headed up to the Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport. It was great. The zoo itself is quite small, but it is perfect for little ones. The highlights are the two Siberian Tigers, but there are also buffalo, deer, wolves, lynxes, monkeys, otters and a couple of small bears, all of which you can get very close to. They've also got an old-fashioned carousel, peacocks wandering about, and great space for you to eat a picnic lunch. We all had a wonderful time, though I think the Bug liked watching the other kids as much as anything. She was initially terrified of the carousel, but after watching her horse go up and down a couple of times, she finally let me put her on it for a few laps.

To top off our perfect day, the Bug gave us our first bath time caddyshack. If you're unfamiliar with that term, just think about the infamous Baby Ruth scene from the movie. Yeah, that's right. Happy Mother's Day to me.

No comments: