Monday, September 17, 2007

Big Night Out

Saturday was our first full night away from the Bug. We had a friend's wedding to attend a couple of hours away, and rather than hiring a babysitter to come to our hotel, we had my father-in-law stay overnight at our house. He had a blast; apparently the baby charmed him like nobody's business.

The issue was, of course, me. Not with leaving her at home - I was pretty comfortable about that. Yeah, I missed her, but she was in great hands and I knew that both the Bug and her Pop-pop would have a fantastic time.

So what was the issue, then? I drank too much. I got wasted. I'm pretty mortified about this. Not only am I way too old to get drunk at a wedding, but I have a kid now. I know, it happens to the best of us, we've all been there, etcetera. But I'm really and truly embarrassed. Of course, I'll get over it, but for the moment I feel like a moron.

And to add insult to injury, my hangover lasted all day.

4 comments:

Stace said...

What is the appropriate age to stop getting drunk? I don't think you should feel guilty at all for going out with your husband for the night and having a good time while your baby was safe at home.

That's my 2 cents, not sure you want it or not :)

FLORS said...

No worries!! The bug was safe with grandpa...Mom and Dad aren't old just yet and deserve a night to paint the town red (or should I say "paint the town gin???") I'm glad you got to party it down and I'm sorry that hangovers don't deplete with age and babies

lynne lac said...

It's not like I know this subject intimately, but I urge you not to think you can't have fun. That can't end well for anyone, not you, not John, and not Sadie either. Trust me on that.

Sexyredkid said...

In regards to the previous poster comment, I feel that 75 would be the appropriate age to stop getting drunk. Post 75 you just get surly.