Thursday, November 20, 2008

The hands-down best way to buy shoes

I've don't like shopping. I love having new stuff, I'm rather fond of buying things, but the shopping experience is simply a means to an end. Now that I have no time (have I mentioned that??), shopping rarely happens.

On Monday, when I wore my 3-inch skinny heels to work, I realized I desperately needed new shoes. I walk 40 minutes or more every day. I've gotta be reasonably comfortable, at least *some* of the time!

Enter Zappos.com, which I'd only used once before. Always free shipping; always free returns. They have amazing search criteria; in the case of my prior purchase, I looked only at black boots, size 6, 1 3/4-2 1/2" heels, skinny calves, within a specific price range. On Monday morning, I looked for black ankle boots, 1 3/4-2 1/2" heels, size 6, within my price range. I bought a pair I liked on the first page; had notification within the hour that I'd gotten free upgraded shipping; and had great new boots at my door yesterday. I love Zappos!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shoes on your doorstep is really a treat!

Also good:
www.endless.com (Amazon's shoe site)
www.piperlime.com (linked to the Gap brand)

Same deal: free shipping both ways

I recently purchased ..(i'm so stupid but i'm so smart) $1500 worth of bathing suits from Zappos 2 days before I went to Costa Rica... chose 2 and sent the rest back.