Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yale + 15

This weekend was my 15th Yale reunion.  I hadn't planned to attend.  Since I wasn't sure of our moving schedule, there was a real possibility I'd be frantically packing all weekend.  Plus, both Joker and the Bug have birthdays around Memorial Day Weekend, and since neither of them are Yale alums it didn't feel very fair.  But as the weekend drew near and I saw the Facebook posts of people arriving on campus, I got a little bummed out.  Joker suggested I head up on Friday evening for a few hours, and I hopped on the Metro North bound for New Haven.

I could not be happier about having done it!  I was only there for a few hours, but it was so much fun!  I shaded out by sneaking in to my third reunion (the story of my 5-year is a classic; remind me to tell it sometime).  I had a few beers, talked to a whole bunch of people I haven't seen in years, and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.  I really wanted to return to campus the next day, but as Joker reminded me, reunions are like crab dip: you really should stop before you think you've had enough.

So to the '96ers (and spouses) I saw, it was a delight - thanks for a fun time!  To those I missed, I plan to be there for the 20th.  And maybe that time I'll actually pay at the gate.

No comments: