Friday, February 13, 2009

Fearless Readers ride again!

I consider myself to be one of the founding members of the Fearless Readers, a monthly book club that my friend Lynne started in 2000 or so. We had rules (Wanna pick the book? Show up and vote.), guidelines (Definitely have a drink or two; eat if you're hungry.), and some all-but-ignored protocol (Selections alternate between "classic" and "contemporary."). So-called members rotated every few months. We read lots of really great books (and just a few clunkers). We had some pretty fantastic discussions. We definitely had fun. Then about a year ago, simply due to packed schedules, the book club fizzled out.

But all hail Lynne - book club's back, baby! First meeting of Fearless Readers Redux is on Thursday, March 5. If you're in NYC and want to join, let me know! If you're out of town and want to read along, I'd love for you to share your thoughts and responses to my little review in the Comments.

Next up: In the Beauty of the Lillies by John Updike.
Join us... if you're not afraid!

No comments: